Football Recruiting: Rashaan Evans Names Top Four

Four-star linebacker Rashaan Evans officially trimmed his list of schools on Tuesday as the Auburn Tigers, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs and UCLA Bruins made the cut for the top prospect’s services.

Evans, a four-star prospect, according to the 247Sports composite rankings, is the No. 6 rated outside linebacker in the nation and comes in at No. 84 overall in our 2014 FanSided150.com rankings.

Nov 3, 2012; Auburn, AL, USA: Auburn Tigers cheerleaders carry Auburn flags after the Tigers scored a touchdown against the New Mexico State Aggies at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Tigers beat the Aggies 42-7. Mandatory Credit: John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

The 6-3, 215 pound Auburn, AL native is considered by many experts to be headed to his hometown school to play for ther Tigers as 80 percent of the 247Sports analyst’s crystal ball predictions have him pegged to Auburn, while the other 20 percent believe he will land at Georgia, whom he will visit later this week.

One team that should not be counted out in the Evans sweepstakes is of course, Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide. Evans visited Alabama on Tuesday and has always had a close relationship with defensive coordinator Kirby Smart. Evans’ former high school teammate, Reuben Foster, will also be in Tuscaloosa as a freshman this season.

What makes Evans such a coveted prospect is due to his excellent athleticism and frame to allow for great passing rushing ability off the edge for an outside linebacker, but he also uses his athleticism well to play in space in coverage.

After visiting the Tide Tuesday and planning to stop by Athens later in the week, Evans looks to make a trip to Los Angeles to visit UCLA and stop by the hometown team Auburn Tigers before his high school season kicks into full swing.

For now, there is no timetable set for Evans to make a decision.

Topics: Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, Georgia Bulldogs, Rashaan Evans, UCLA Bruins

Want more from FanSided 150?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.

Comments are closed.

1 month ago

FanSided 150 Giveaway: Win 2014 Final Four Tickets, a $500 Spending Spree, or MLB Opening Day Tickets!

1 month ago

Get the Redesigned FanSided Android App to get your FanSided 150 – NCAA Recruiting Fix 24/7/365

2 months ago

Get the Redesigned FanSided iOS App to get your FanSided 150 – NCAA Recruiting Fix 24/7/365