Football Recruiting: Top Lineman Cameron Robinson Sets Decision Date

Cameron Robinson, the nation’s top offensive lineman in the class of 2014, has set a date to announce his college decision, according to 247Sports recruiting analyst Shea Dixon.

The No. 3 overall player in our FanSided150 player rankings, and the top offensive lineman in the country by the long-shot, has decided to make his college decision on Friday, August 30, according to his Twitter account.

November 3, 2012; Baton Rouge, LA, USA; LSU Tigers quarterback Zach Mettenberger (8) throws as Alabama Crimson Tide defensive back Ha

The Louisiana native has had two teams, Alabama and LSU, at the top of his list for awhile now as those are the only two schools he visited this offseason.

The race to land the athletically dominating offensive tackle will be a close one. Out of 33 recruiting analysts for 247Sports, 55 percent of them have Robinson pegged to land with Alabama with the other 45 percent predict LSU, according to their Crystal Ball predictions.

LSU Head Coach Les Miles always does a great job at locking down talent with the state of Louisiana, but I believe Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide will edge out the Tigers on this one. Robinson sees the recent talent that Alabama has put out to the NFL from the offensive line positions, and that is something that cannot go unnoticed (oh yeah, they’ve won a few national titles recently too, I believe).

This will not be the last battle between these two schools as 2014 No. 1 overall player in the nation, Louisiana native running backĀ Leonard Fournette, also has the Tide and Tigers atop his list of schools.

As far as Robinson is concerned, heĀ is by far the most dominant and talented offensive lineman in this class, and whoever lands his services will have an immediate impact player in the fall of 2014 on the offensive front.

Alabama currently has the No. 1 overall recruiting class in the nation, with the Tigers sitting at 13th in the country, according to 247Sports.

Topics: Alabama Crimson Tide, Cameron Robinson, LSU Tigers

Want more from FanSided 150?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.

Comments are closed.

1 month ago

FanSided 150 Giveaway: Win 2014 Final Four Tickets, a $500 Spending Spree, or MLB Opening Day Tickets!

1 month ago

Get the Redesigned FanSided Android App to get your FanSided 150 – NCAA Recruiting Fix 24/7/365

2 months ago

Get the Redesigned FanSided iOS App to get your FanSided 150 – NCAA Recruiting Fix 24/7/365